Monday, January 17, 2011

I think I Olivejuice ;-)

I made Flat Bread Pizza from Raw Food Real World and it was delicious. I have been wanting to make this for a few days. I made the crust last weekend because it's essentially made from the Walnut Hemp Cracker recipe. I cut one of the tray from the dehydrator into larger flat bread pieces.

Once I had the crust made, the rest was a cinch. I made the Olive Tapenade in the morning while I waited for my Cinnamon Date French Toast to warm up. I even remember to soak the cashews in the morning so they were ready to whip up for dinner. It took me about 15 minutes to make whip, chop and assemble. Although, I am still trying to get better with the mandolin. I have had it for a long time, but I have not really used it. It wasn't cheap but it seems to suck. Maybe I will read the directions......maybe.



It turned out beautifully once it was all put together. My boyfriend said it was tasty but that it could absolutely, under no circumstances be called pizza.


Rate this Dish:

I give this dish a 4. This dish was pretty easy to make since I made it in stages. Prepping the flat bread crust when I make crackers was a good way to break it up. The rest of the dish is very easy to make. There are a lot of ingredients and most of them are spendy, which is the only reason it doesn't get a 5. I seem to rate meals based on taste, ease of preparation and cost. How do you rate your meals?

1 comment:

  1. So weird that we both made this this week! I agree that it was delish. I've been enjoying the leftover hummus and tapenade as veggie dips.

    I rate recipes 100% on taste, but I should probably change that up. I never think about money or prep time, but you are very wise to do so!

    ReplyDelete