Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh, It's Real

Today was a little tough for me. I have read all of these blogs and cookbooks that say eating raw will give you the most energy you've ever had and make you feel so great. Liars. I felt so weak today. I was very hungry today. I hadn't prepped the food I wanted to because the dehydrator I borrowed does not have any solid trays, so I had bell pepper and guacamole for lunch with an apple. To top it all off, I am in major caffeine withdrawal so my headache is kickin. Okay, okay, enough belly aching!

Yes, today was tough regarding the raw. The really tough part though was that I started a workout class today, the Biggest Challenge, and it whooped my hiney. I have basically not worked out in 6 months and it showed. Whew. I am wondering about eating raw and working out. I wasn't sure exactly what to eat pre and post workout. Any tips?

I was starving after the workout and ended up falling of the raw wagon. Again, no food prepped, so I went to Grilla Bites (an awesome local, healthy spot to eat). I did keep it vegan and gluten free, which are two biggies for me. Not terrible, but I wanted to go at least one full week before having a non-raw meal. Oh well. Better effort tomorrow.

I did however, enjoy another slice of Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce. In my house we have to call it Cashew Coconut Oil Paste. My boyfriend said if I call it cake and it isn't actually cake, he will instantly be disappointed. But if I call it what it really is and it's good, he will like it. So tonight we had Cashew Coconut Oil Paste with Raspberry Mash. Yummy.

Learning Curve:

I definitely struggled in my workout today, and I am thinking it was because I only had a smoothie and apple and peppers with guac prior to working out. I need to have a better eating routine before a workout to give me more energy. Any tips?

1 comment:

  1. Cashew coconut oil paste-funny. :) I think you need to eat more. I workout in the afternoon and always have a snack about an hour or two before. I like chia pudding or the buckwheat cereal with almond milk from Raw Food Real World. I think you will get in your groove....

    ReplyDelete