Monday, January 3, 2011

Plan, Plan, Plan, then eat

Day two and I am still here. That is a good sign. Although today I was starving and the only thing that got me through was an extraordinary amount of carrots and a bite of my boyfriends hot dog at lunch. Yeah - it had to be done.

I started off with a smoothie, which had great flavor. I added the Acidophilus probiotics I got at S&S Produce. The probiotics were a little weird. I felt like there were little string in my smoothie. Has anyone else experienced this?

I was planning to make the Quinoa Tabouli from Raw Food Real World but when I started to read the recipe I realize the Quinoa needed to be soaked overnight. Oops. Looks like Tabouli tomorrow night. I ran into my first raw food issue and that is that there don't seem to be any easy to whip up raw dishes. When in doubt, make guacamole. I think I may need to get used to eating foods that don't seem like traditional meals even though they are yummy and fill me up. I read in Raw Food Real World that a lot of raw foodist eat monochromatic foods like a bowl of cherries, a bunch of carrots or a couple of avocados. Interesting. Does anyone else do this?



The most exciting part of my day was the Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce from Delightfully Raw. I made it yesterday but didn't realize it needed to set in the refrigerator to firm up. I made up the Raspberry Sauce for it and it was a tasty treat. I didn't have a spring-form pan, so I just made it on a plate. It isn't super pretty but it was yummy.





Learning Curve:

I realize that I need to prep for meals a couple of days ahead of time. I can't expect to come home after work and make a meal from Delightfully Raw or Raw Food Real World because many of them require prep like soaking or dehydrating.

1 comment:

  1. I think prepping is the key. I always make batches of crackers, kale chips, dips and dressings on the weekend so I'm ready to go during the week. Also, if I'm really hungry I find that nuts, olives, or a spoonful of almond butter (or two or three) satiate me quickly- maybe the fat content.

    ReplyDelete